Venus Point is an historical place which your guide wil tell you all about it.
At this place, you will find : * captain cook’s monument to show that he came here to see the transit of planet Venus accross the sun’s face.
* The first church by the protestant Missionaries
* the lighthouse built in 1867 that is still in use
* Monument of the bounty arrived in 1787
* Black sand beach where the first Europeans landed.
Some historical dates :
* 1767 : Captain Wallis from England
* 1768 : Captain Bougainville from France
* 1769 : Captain Cook from England
* 1787 : Protestant English Missionaries
* 1797 : Captain Bligh and the bounty
* 1961 : The movie “Mutiny on the bounty” was film here with Marlon Brando